This winter you can recycle some summer outfits by layering for winter and adding accessories. Up-cycle your old clothes to make them fresh and new by adding big collars, sequins whatever you fancy to save money. You don’t always need to buy new as fast fashion changes so often, it can be expensive to keep up with current fashion and trends all the time. Swap clothes with friends/family or use swapping websites to have new items and update your wardrobe. 2020 has been a horrible year for everyone and buying clothing has not been a major priority for most families. Remember that someone else will always be grateful for your clothes you no longer need, give them to charity, friends or neighbours. Just wear what you feel comfortable in and something that makes you feel good. Most people will already have some items that are on trend this season but if not raid your mothers or grandparents wardrobes, as a lot of trends are past styles that have made a come back and been re-invented from the 40’s and past decades. Vintage and charity shops are really good for finding unique items that cost very little.
Colours to wear this season
- Blue – Royal, Powder, True Blue, Dark/Deep, Navy
- Red – Mandarin, Samba, Henna, Burgundy
- Orange – Burnt, Rust, Amberglow,
- Green – Olive, Celery, Green Sheen, Pear
- Grey – Sleet, Silver, Asphalt, Jet Stream
- Cream – Almond, Camel, Sandstone
- Brown – Tan, Toffee, Birch
- Purple – Lilac, Magenta
- Rose Tan – Peach/Pink
- Off White
These colours are deep/dark and bright to make a big statement. Don’t be shy, try something new, you might like it.
Colours to wear together this season
- Blue and Natural tones
- Clashing styles – Tartan, Houndstooth, Gingham, Checks
- Brown and Black with leather accessories
- Lilac Layers head to toe
- Natural tones head to toe
Don’t forget to accessorise for great results.
- Long Sleeve crop tops
- Matching top and leggings
- Leggings – Warm, thick, organic
- Colours – Ombre, bright, neutral
- Hoodies – Logos, Drawstring, oversized, sustainable, bright
- Joggers – Fitted, short, organic
- Cycling Shorts – short, fitted, bright
- Sweat Jackets/ jumpers – oversized, Logos, fitted, eco-friendly
Sports wear doesn’t need to be boring, these days you can get many styles to suit all personalities. Even trainers and gym accessories can be unique and stylish. The bolder and brighter the better!
Top trends to consider for Autumn/winter
- Coats – Leather, Puffa, Teddy, Trench, Belted, Shearling, Maxi, Capes, Ponchos
- Tops/ Jackets – Ruffles, Big Sleeves, Bubble Hem
- Jumpers – Cut out fabrics, Off Shoulder, Party Knits, Big Collars
- Vests – Knitted or Jersey tank top, Cashmere bras
- Dresses – Tassels, Fringes, Frills, Metallics, 40’s styles
- Boots – Chunky, Stompers, Chelsea, Riding, Lace-up, Knee High, Pattern, Block Heel
- Jewellery – Big, bold, Hoops, Chains
- Bags – XXL, Quilted, Hobo, Blue, Pink, Lilac, Fringes
- Accessories – Gloves, Wool Scarves, Snoods, Face Masks
Remember that fashion doesn’t have to be expensive to look good, always try to understand your body shape, hair and skin tone and know what styles suit you for the best results but as long as you are happy with how you look, then that is all that matters.
EGO CLOTHING LTD launch coming soon. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Please come back soon.